I should probably mention my character generation house rules.
- I am using the Optional Rule from p. 10 of Characters and Combat:
Optional Rule: If the referee or player so indicates prior to character generation,then a failure of the survival roll can be converted to injury. The character isnot dead, but instead is injured, and leaves the service (after recovery) having servedonly two years of the four year term.
- When rolling for career skills or mustering out benefits, make a die roll and then pick the table. Choices are still limited, but the player has some choices.
- If you leave a career in your first or second term, you can take a new career in either Merchant or Other. The other military careers do not take older recruits. I think some Citizens of the Imperium careers might do this too, but I haven't looked into it yet.
- Use the Traveller Logbook for Personal Characteristics, Personal Habits, and Reason for Adventuring. These are just to spur the player's imagination.
- Write one sentence about the character. (I often write these like an employer's recommendation.)
(Edited: I changed the names from the rather American ones generated by one of the online character generators.)
Excellent sense of smell
Equipment (purchased on Yarhfahl): shotgun and ammo, mesh, SR comms, hand computer, binocs, flashlight, medical kit.
Equipment: (purchased on Yarhfahl): auto pistol and ammo, blade, mesh, SR comms, binocs, flashlight, hand computer, LI goggles, medical kit, lockpicks, electronics tool kit.
Equipment (bought on Yarhfahl): auto rifle and ammo, SMG and ammo, auto pistol and ammo, cutlass, mesh, SR comms, binocs, flashlight.
Equipment (bought on Yarhfahl): shotgun and ammo, sword, cloth, vacc suit, combination mask, swim equipment, cold weather clothing, SR comms, compass, inertial locator, hand computer, mechanical tool kit, watch (200 cr), binocs, LI goggles, flashlight.